- Six months after its launch, 100 percent of PC makers were selling computers with Win7 on them, compared to 70 percent for Vista over a comparable period.
- In the last 90 days, Win7 licenses have sold at a clip of 8.35 per second.
- 73.8 percent of Win7 operators use custom or downloaded themes.
- 1.5 million applications are running on Windows 7
- 500,000 devices have been connected to machines running Windows 7
- Windows XP has 60% market share compare to just 17% for Windows 7. However, it is estimated that Windows 7 market share will exceed Windows XP by 3Q2012.
- The one year anniversary of Windows 7 also marks end of new machines shipping from manufacturers with Windows XP pre-installed. One more nail in the coffin for the end of Windows XP.
Source: PC World