- Upgraded to first class on our non-stop flight from JFK. We arrived in Las Vegas relaxed and ready to start our vacation as soon as we got off the plane. This was the first flight (American Airlines) I have been on that had regular 110V outlets so I could charge my mobile devices on board. I passed on the in flight wi-fi (additional cost)
- We stayed at Planet Hollywood. Great location (middle of the strip) and the rooms were comfortable and affordable. Great view from our room of the Bellagio fountains. The spa was nice, but not as nice as other spas we've been to
- We had some fantastic food at Capitol Grille, Maggianos, Jean George Steak House and the Bellagio Buffet. Unlike past trips, we made reservations before we arrived in Vegas. The good restaurants get booked fast
- The NCAA men's basketball tournament added additional excitement as well as the opportunity to place a small wager on the games. As a UCONN alumni (graduate school, '93) I was very happy to see UCONN beat Arizona and advance to the Final Four
- I'm a big fan of "Pawn Stars" on the History Channel. The actual store, Gold and Silver Pawn Shop, is located 713 S Las Vegas Blvd, Las Vegas, NV 89101. While Rick and the crew weren't there (they only work 9am-3pm Monday-Friday) it was still great to visit the store in person. I recognized many of the items from the show and I purchased a tee shirt.
- The weather was in the mid to upper 70's so we were able to use the hotel's outdoor pool
- Popular slot machines: Star Wars Droid Hunt and the Wizard of Oz
- I used FaceBook and Foursquare extensively on my iPhone to check in to various locations and get coupons discounts on food and drink. I also used my iPhone wi-fi hotspot to provide an access point for my wi-fi iPad. My Windows Phone 7 (LG Quantum) also made the trip