Mobile technologies, including smartphones and tablets are taking the world by storm. It is estimated that by 2020 that there will be 10 billion mobile devices. While many businesses have become a mobile enterprise the latest IBM Tech Trends report indicates that 49% have not deployed mobile. Without further ado, here are five signs that you're not a mobile enterprise:
- You think that mobile = laptop and nothing else
- You think that there are too many security issues with smartphones and tablets so you don't support them for business use
- You institute a corporate policy banning the use of personally owned devices (e.g. BYOD) and refuse to accept that employees are using devices for business regardless of the company policy
- You limit employee access to email from mobile devices because you feel that employees are wasting time playing games rather than working
- You port desktop applications to mobile devices unchanged and wonder why users don't like them.
Is your enterprise mobile? Let me know by posting a comment to this blog or via @ChrisPepin on Twitter