Santa brought my son a new iPad mini (16GB, wi-fi) for Christmas this year and I have to say, I'm a big fan. While I had used one in the past for short periods, having one in the house use over an extended period has made me realize what a great tablet the iPad Mini is. Here's why:
I'll likely hold off on purchasing one until a new model is released. Rumors point to a March or June refresh from Apple.
- Extremely thin and light. iPad seems heavy and bulky in comparison
- Runs tablet apps (same resolution as iPad 2)
- Comes in both wi-fi and 3G versions
- High cost: $329 (16GB wi-fi). Arguably, none of Apple's products are value priced. However, you get what you pay for with Apple's outstanding build quality
- While the screen is nice (1024 x 768) and only slightly less than other tablets, it pales in comparison to a Retina display (I own an iPad 3). I'd like to see an iPad mini with a Retina display.