- IBM press release: "IBM Unveils New Technology to Connect a Smarter Planet New Appliance, Software and Services Extend the IBM MobileFirst Strategy."
- IBM press release: "IBM Drives Enterprise Adoption of Big Data, Cloud, Mobile and Social Business Technologies WestJet Improves Traveler Experience with Real-Time Interactions."
- The Internet of Things and the connected car featured prominently in the opening general session with a Ford Fusion up on stage. I blogged on the connected car earlier in the week including my personal experience with 2013 Toyota Avalon Hybrid.
- Analyst roundtable with Maribel Lopez. Maribel published a great article titled "Mobile Means Impact: Insights From IBM's Impact Conference." I provided input to the book.
- IBM's Dirk Nicol authographed my copy of "Mobile Strategy: How Your Company Can Win by Embracing Mobile Technologies."
- I recorded a DeveloperWorks interview on MobileFirst
- I hosted a peer-to-peer session on BYOD. Earlier in the week, Forrester released a new report on BYOD and the ROI of engaging IBM services to assist with deployment and ongoing support.
- I had the pleasure with meeting with dozens of clients, IBM employees and vendors at the solution showcase as well as in one-on-one sessions.
- Delivered two sessions of "TMB-1269 : Best Practices for Mobile Enterprise Security and the Importance of Endpoint Management" from 10:15-11:15AM in Venetian - Palazzo K. Abstract: With the rapid growth of smartphones and tablets in the enterprise, CIOs are struggling to secure mobile devices and data across a wide range of mobile platforms. Attend this session to learn best practices around defining a mobile security policy, educating employees about safe computing practices, and deploying a secure technology framework. We'll discuss the benefits of endpoint management solutions like IBM Endpoint Manager in the context of a comprehensive enterprise deployment encompassing smartphones, tablets, PCs and servers.
Best practices for mobile enterprise security and the importance of endpoint management from Chris Pepin