"At Smarter Commerce Global Summit 2013 in Nashville, you’ll see how leading organizations are using IBM Smarter Commerce to meet the demands of empowered customers. Join this unique event to get expert insights that will help you synchronize the supply chain, optimize inventory, personalize promotions, micro-target marketing, increase relevance and exceed customer expectations across every channel."
- This was the first time I had attended this conference and I was impressed by the size (3,500+ attendees), breadth and depth of breakout sessions and solution showcase
- Jay Baer did a great job as host and kept the general sessions informative and entertaining
- IBM announced the Watson Engagement Advisor. Billed as "is a first of a kind system designed to help customer-facing personnel assist consumers with deeper insights more quickly than previously possible. The Ask Watson feature will quickly help address customers' questions, offer feedback to guide their purchase decisions, and troubleshoot their problems."
- The Jaguar Land Rover virtual experience demo was was impressive. The digital showroom allows customers to explore existing as well as future vehicle prototypes. Here's a photo I took of the demo on the showcase floor
- I had some great conversations with clients, potential clients and IBM sellers on IBM MobileFirst including many conversations on IBM Worklight and mobile application development.
- There was lots of buzz in the general session, breakout sessions and the solution showcase about IBM Presence Zones and how it can detect and track the movement of a shopper in a physical store who has their smartphone and wi-fi turned on and is broadcasting a MAC address.
- I delivered a breakout presentation on IBM MobileFirst services (below)
- Conference website
- Twitter account: @IBMSmrtCommerce
- Twitter hashtag: #smartercommerce
- Smarter Commerce on YouTube
- Smarter Commerce on Instagram
- Smarter Commerce blog
- My photo gallery of the conference on Picasa