IBM Connect 2014 kicked off earlier this week at Walt Disney World Resort in Florida. The focus of the conference is how social, mobile, cloud and analytics are transforming businesses.
Key messages and announcements from the conference:
- Mail Next, or Connections Mail, which includes mail, chat, meetings, office productivity, high-definition video, files, content management and advanced analytics. A re-invention of e-mail, Connections Mail is web browser-based and will be available later this year on the cloud (SoftLayer) as well as on premise. The Sametime product name will disappear and the functionality folded into IBM Connections.
- Domino applications in the cloud (SoftLayer) platform as a service (PaaS) offering. The new offering promises to speed the deployment of Domino apps, which can be accessed from a wide variety of devices, including mobile.
- New global consulting practice, IBM Interactive Experience. The new practice fuses strategy, data and design to create exceptional customer experiences by leveraging expertise from IBM Interactive and the IBM Research Customer Experience Lab. The new practice is expected to drive new innovation across IBM’s Smarter Commerce and Smarter Workforce initiatives.
- Demos of integrated mobile capabilities for e-mail (Traveler), instant messaging, meetings and IBM Connections
While previously announced, new IBM BlueMix capabilities where demoed and allows developers to quickly develop and deploy mobile applications in the cloud. The video below from IBM's David Barnes provides an introduction.
- Official conference website including Livestream videos: http://ibm.com/connect
- Twitter hashtag #IBMConnect
- IBM Social Business YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/IBMSocialBiz
- IBM Social Business on Pinterest http://www.pinterest.com/ibmsoftware/social-business/