As expected, Apple released iOS 11 for iPhone and iPad earlier today and I highly recommend the upgrade.
- New App Store
- New Files app
- More human sounding (less robotic) Siri voice
- New Lockscreen, Notification Center, and Control center
- Autofill app passwords
- Do not disturb while driving with auto reply
- Create a video of what displays on the screen (great for creating demos)
- Swipe down on the keyboard instead of hitting "shift"
- iPad: add as many apps as you want to the dock, drag and drop
- Apple AR Kit augmented reality apps now available in the Apple App Store
- Only supported by 64-bit devices. iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, and iPad 4 do not support iOS 11
- Dropped support for 32-bit apps (Settings -> General -> About -> Applications will tell you which apps are 32 bit and won't work)
- New Apple Pay cash feature has been delayed
Ready to upgrade? Backup your device and upgrade when prompted or tap on Settings > General > Software Update